To be lawfully hitched in Washington state, you need to:
- Submit an application for and get a wedding license
- Take part in a civil or religious ceremony in Washington State
- Complete and return the Department of Health Certificate of wedding
Partners may make an application for a Washington State wedding permit face-to-face or by mail through the tracking Division. After getting a completed application and cost, we are going to issue a license to utilize at your ceremony.
The license is legitimate (can be utilized) the next complete time after Recording dilemmas you the permit and expires 60 times after being given. The 3 time waiting duration is not waived under any scenario, including court purchase.
The way that is fastest to get a marriage permit is always to submit the application online, then grab and purchase your permit at the least 3 days ahead of the wedding.
- Fill in a wedding permit application online and work out note of one’s verification number.
- Go to the Snohomish County customer support Center to accomplish the procedure. Both events should be current unless one celebration has signed the program in the front of the notary.
- Sign your completed application and spend the $70.00 charge by money, check, cash purchase, or card.
- Recording staff will provide site there you with your wedding permit, A certification of Marriage, as well as a given information packet.
If using by mail, we suggest publishing the finished and application that is notarized re payment thirty days before your wedding service. This can enable Recording the time to process the application form and deliver your license by mail.
- Download the Wedding Permit Application (PDF).
- Complete the application form in blue or black colored ink in clear, legible writing.
- Sign the application form right in front of a notary and now have them signal it and connect their seal.
- Consist of a cash purchase or cashier’s search for $70.00, payable into the Snohomish County Auditor. Individual checks aren’t accepted.
- Mail the finished application and fee to County that is: Snohomish Auditor’s – Recording Division300 Rockefeller Ave M/S 204Everett, WA 98201
- The Recording Division will process the job and mail you your wedding permit, A certification of Marriage, and information packet.
Once you have gotten your wedding permit, your ceremony has to take spot within 60 times after Recording released your wedding permit. The permit can also be perhaps perhaps not valid until three times after being given. The 3 time waiting duration can’t be waived under any scenario, including court purchase. In case your ceremony will not happen in this window of time, the license becomes void and you also must use once again.
The ceremony can be carried out by:
- Licensed or ministers which are ordained priests of any church or denomination
- Supreme Court Justices and Commissioners
- Court of Appeals Judges and Commissioners
- Superior Court Judges and Commissioners
- Judges and Commissioners of courts of limited jurisdiction
- Judges of tribal courts from the federally recognized tribe
The tracking Division keeps a listing of regional judges and commissioners offered to perform ceremonies. Please contact the commissioner or judge straight. A cost might use.
The officiant whom carries out your ceremony has 1 month through the date associated with the ceremony to go back the Department of Health Certificate of Marriage towards the tracking Division. The certification should be came back to your Snohomish County tracking Division, even in the event the ceremony were held an additional county.
The tracking Division will confirm and record the certification. When this method is complete, you may request certified copies of the wedding certification. Certified copies can be utilized as evidence of wedding. Certified copies aren’t immediately provided for married people.
You should return in person to the Snohomish County Customer Service Center with the completed Certificate of Marriage if you need a certified copy immediately after your ceremony.